Yoga: Making You A Better Athlete In Mind And Body
I know a lot of people are sceptical about yoga; worried they're not "flexible enough" or thinking "it's a women's thing". Well, it's not and yoga is for everyone. It's all about getting you to that stage of being limber and flexible - it will take time, but here is why it's worth it and all the benefits.
Why would I do yoga?
There are so many benefits to doing yoga and it doesn't matter if you're a gym goer or your everyday Joe, you should be doing yoga. yoga is good to do before any kind of workout, but it is also good in the long run- it enhances your flexibility and gives you good moral. If that ins't enough reason to start doing yoga then many you need more reasons:
- It's an experience that relaxes your body.
- As a pre-workout/warm up it can help avoid injury.
- It develops flexibility.
- Builds the core muscles.
- Helps rotation.
- Perfects posture.
- Increase blood flow.
- Gives good balance.
There are so many more things that Yoga can help with, but we would be here a while.
Don't think Yoga is for you?
There are so many different types of Yoga and it's all about finding the best one for you. Here are all the different types of Yoga:
- Yin Yoga- You may recognise 'Yin' from 'Yin and Yang' and that's what its about, meditation. Poses are slow and steady and there is plenty of time to change positions.
- Hatha Yoga- This Yoga is all about the poses and the breathing. It's slow and gentle Yoga.
- Hot Yoga- This kind of Yoga is exactly what it sounds like "hot". It's a workout that lasts 60 minutes and is done in a hot environment between 36-38 degrees.
- Vinyasa Yoga- Is usually accompanies with music and is a lot more upbeat. Poses tent to flow into each other and don't last very long.
- Birkam Yoga- This is a Yoga with an order- 26 poses in a specific order that repeat, in 40 degrees heat for 90 minutes. It's intense.
- Lyengar Yoga- It's all about posture; every pose has to be perfect and precise. So, if you're a perfectionist, you'll love this Yoga. This yoga is actually good if you do lifting too.
So there are all the different types of Yoga's. You can now find the right yoga for you, know why yoga be so helpful for you at an athlete and plenty of reasons to roll out the mat.
Premium Raws Help:
if you're looking for en extra hand during your workouts then try our Premium Whey Protein 80 this will help you maintain muscle and give you the energy you require. Our protein also contains Amino which promotes recovery and will help you recover from your yoga session or workouts. You can find this at our online store @Premium Raws. Being interested in Yoga comes with taking care of your body so why not try our Joint Care Stack, this will help you keep your joints healthy and prevent any issues you may have from workouts.
Follow us on Social Media for more advice and exclusive deals!
Facebook - > @PremiumRawsUK
Instagram - > @premiumraws_